spyware signatures and growing
Your Computer is Infected with Spyware, Adware, or Malware
Its difficult to know what’s the cause of random, strange sudden problems with your computer. Here is a list of 8 signs that your computer is infected.
- Your browser is hijacked, that is, it takes you to a site other than the one your type into the address box. Your browser home page changes and you can’ reset it. You are not able to access antivirus or anti-spyware websites.
- Random error messages begin to appear.
- New and unexpected incomes may appear on the system tray at the bottom of your computer screen. Additional toolbars may be added to the browser. Additional webpages are automatically added to your list of Favorites.
- Keys on your keyboard stop working. For example, the tab key might not work when you try to move to the next field in a web form.
- Clicking a link does nothing or goes to a non-related website.
- Sluggish performance may occurs when opening programs or saving files. The computer stops responding more frequently than normal. Poor performance occurs while browsing the Internet.
- A barrage of popup advertising windows appear when the browser is not open or appears over webpages that do not normally have popups.
- Attempting to go to a search engine website, you go to a different webpage than intended.
If you think your computer is infected, download the free Antispyware trial below and you can scan your computer for free.
A-Z Spyware Listing
Scan Files Online
, 1999-2013 All rights reserved.